About Me

My photo
Derby, United Kingdom
This Blog is unique to me! Its about Me, what I'm doing, what I'm thinking, liking, and mixing! It will be mostly music related as that's my 'thing' but I have an opinion so things could get hectic! Figa It out Please also check out my website: www.figadj.com xx

Friday 17 June 2011

FRANK OCEAN - NOVCANE OFFICIAL VIDEO!!!

Back with ANOTHER Frank Ocean Vid lol. 

But this is CREATIVE!!! you feel like you are actually experiencing his high just by watching the video. 

Its based in one room, no particular story line but it works. It takes you into a place where the artist  and or director obviously wants you to go. 
There are some very random moments in the vid but that only adds to the overall trippy feel, which in essence encapsulates the whole song. Lots of morphing and translucent almost there images, that you might miss if you blink for a second. I haven't analysed it on a metaphorical or symbolic level (yet) lol. But if you just take it for what it is, I think you can appreciate that its a good video, a good video that matches the song. It made me laugh and also gasp in places. 

I cant stress enough how much of a genius I feel this man is. Only parts I don't like are when his face is wobbling and morphing for some reason its a bit disturbing to me. I still do not know what he was putting on his face or why..but that's 'our' Frank.. watch out for the bitch slap (cracks me up). 

"I feel like Stanley Kubric, this is some visionary sh** been trynna feel pleasure with my eyes wide shut..." Genius!!! 

The views in the song are not those of Miss Figa DJ although she is no angel..nuff said..heehe 

Figa DJ

www.figadj.com 


SupaMix Saturdays 7-8pm PST www.swurvradio.com
SUBSCRIBE ON ITUNES: http://bit.ly/figzitunes

No comments: