About Me

My photo
Derby, United Kingdom
This Blog is unique to me! Its about Me, what I'm doing, what I'm thinking, liking, and mixing! It will be mostly music related as that's my 'thing' but I have an opinion so things could get hectic! Figa It out Please also check out my website: www.figadj.com xx

Friday 29 October 2010

Stuff That Scared Me When I Was Little (The Boy From Space, Chocky etc)

Isn't it amazing how when you actually re-visit stuff that scared the pants off you (and possibly left you slight mentally scarred), when you were little are actually not that scary at all? I was trying to explain how heavy chocky's  children was but couldn't remember anything about it apart from the fact that it was slightly scary and i was engrossed by it, so i took a little trip down Youtube memory lane. I really cant understand why I was so scared lol. I thought everyone knew about Chocky but it appears I was wrong..I lived in London at the time so it may only have been on Granada..The Boy From Space was another one but i don't think it actually scared me that much, just found the actual space boy really freaky so I haven't included it. But the list below is basically stuff that REALLY REALLY scared me! 

The Day Of The Triffids
Literally hid behind the sofa and refused to watch this programme

Dr Who (Daleks)
not much needs to be said about these really, they were terrifying! Hated it!!! I think the old ones are the reason I don't watch Dr Who to this day.

Nightmare on Elm Street 
Freddie Kruger of Course (still scary today) 
what ever you do dont fall asleep! 

Chokys Children (Choky)
Now this was a children's programme, really cant see why i was scared at all based off the footage I found on Youtube. 
Cant really remember what it was about just remember the fact that it scared me and that I loved it at the same time. 
(scroll to 3:07mins to see the infamous Choky)

The Boys From Brazil 
This is not one you would probably expect to be included, but it had a profound affect on me. The thought of Hitlers D.N.A being kept and 100s of little Hitlers reproduced scared me to death! (saw it in my early teens) The boy who plays the little clones as well was VERY scary!! Highly recommend this film still.. 

Have I missed any off? What Scared you? 




Figa DJ

www.figadj.com 

LIKE: www.facebook.com/figadj1

Twitter: @Figadj 


Catch Figa on www.Swurvradio.com Every Saturday 9pm-10pm PST 'Supa Mix with Figz'


 



 


 

 

No comments: